Just a short post, this time around. I have been a bit busy, lately, plus, I didn’t find a lot that I felt interesting enough to share.
His name will likely come out eventually, especially if the response is mostly positive, I think, but it was probably a good idea to remain anonymous. A lot of people don’t like it if someone messes with the Bible. Especially in a way that could be considered blasphemous.
Reading these, it seems evident why so many people hate Windows 10. It is different, so, obviously, it is defective if you have no clue how computers even work.
This is an excerpt from a 2003 Wall Street Journal article:
1. Compaq is considering changing the command “Press Any Key” to “Press Return Key” because of the flood of calls asking where the Any Key is.
2. SAT technical support had a caller complaining that her mouse was hard to control with the dust cover on. The cover turned out to be the plastic bag the mouse was packaged in.
3. Another SAT customer was asked to send a copy of her defective diskettes. A few days later a letter arrived from the customer along with photocopies of the floppies.
4. Another Dell customer called to say he couldn’t get his computer to fax anything. After 40 minutes of troubleshooting, the technician
discovered the man was trying to fax a piece of paper by holding it in front of the monitor screen and hitting the “send” key.
5. A Dell technician received a call from a customer who was enraged because his computer had told him he was “bad and an invalid,” The
tech explained that the computer’s “bad command” and “invalid” responses shouldn’t be taken personally.
6. A confused caller to IBM was having troubles printing documents. He told the technician that the computer had said it “couldn’t find printer.” The user had also tried turning the computer screen to face the printer but that his computer still couldn’t “see” the printer.”
7. An exasperated caller to Dell Computer Tech Support couldn’t get her new Dell Computer to turn on. After ensuring the computer was
plugged in, the technician asked her what happened when she pushed the power button. Her response, “I pushed and pushed on this foot pedal and nothing happens.” The “foot pedal” turned out to be the mouse.
8. Another customer called Compaq tech support to say her brand-new computer wouldn’t work. She said she unpacked the unit, plugged it in and sat there for 20 minutes waiting for something to happen. When asked what happened when she pressed the power switch, she asked “What power switch?”
9. Another IBM customer had troubles installing software and rang for support. “I put in the first disk, and that was OK. It said to put in the second disk, and I had some problems with the disk. When it said to put in the third disk, I couldn’t even fit it in….” The user hadn’t realized that “Insert Disk 2” meant to remove Disk 1 first.
10. In a similar incident, a customer had followed the instructions for installing software. The instructions said to remove the disk from its cover and insert into the drive. The user had physically removed the casing of the disk and wondered why there were problems.
11. True story from a Novell NetWare Sysop:
Caller: “Hello, is this Tech Support?”
Tech: “Yes, it is. How may I help you?”
Caller: “The cup holder on my PC is broken and I am within my warranty period. How do I go about getting that fixed?”
Tech: “I’m sorry, but did you say a cup holder?”
Caller: “Yes, it’s attached to the front of my computer.”
Tech: Did you receive this as part of a promotional at a trade show? How did you get this cup holder? Does it have any trademark on it?”
Caller: It came with my computer. I don’t know anything about a promotion. It just has ‘4X’ on it.”
At this point, the Tech Rep had to mute the caller because he couldn’t stand it. He was laughing too hard. The caller had been using the load drawer of the CD-ROM drive as a cup holder and snapped it off the drive.
12. A woman called the Canon help desk with a problem with her printer. The tech asked her if she was running it under “Windows.” The woman responded, “No, my desk is next to the door. But that is a good point. The man sitting in the cubicle next to me is under a window and his printer is working fine.”
13. Tech Support: “O.K. Bob, let’s press the control and escape keys at the same time. That brings up a task list in the middle of the screen.
Now type the letter “P” to bring up the Program Manager.”
Customer: “I don’t have a ‘P’.”
Tech: “On your keyboard, Bob.”
Customer: “What do you mean?”
Tech: “‘P’ on your keyboard, Bob.”
Customer: “I’m not going to do that!”
Something I never wondered about, but made me curious, when I saw the headline.
Now, why would anyone vandalize a war memorial? Perhaps they were against the war, but that does not change the fact that the people memorialized died there. And, having given their lives, they should be respected.
Not in the original lease? Too bad. Although management would probably make your life miserable if you didn’t go along. How important is it for an apartment building to get good reviews, anyway? Don’t most people stay at the same place for years?
Can’t acts like this be made illegal? I would guess that a lot of fans have trouble coming up with the regular price of a ticket. And doing this when a member of the band is dying makes it blood money.
The planes of Iron Maiden, the German Chancellor and the French President in Zürich.
Over 45 years later, the couple on the cover of the Woodstock soundtrack,Bobbi Kelly and Nick Ercoline, are still together.
This seems like a very good idea.
Ooh, the ladies are not going to be happy about this.
Yes, she is a good looking woman, but marriage proposals? Did anyone read her criminal record? You know the old saying “Don’t stick your dick in crazy”
What is it going to take for people to learn to act safely around wild animals, a human death?
An elephant shot by poachers asks humans for help.
Yaargh! Another odd creature from Australia.
Always flush the toilet first in Australia.
Oh, nothing much, just a GIANT ALLIGATOR moseying across a Florida golf course.
Maybe I am just too easily offended, but all of these jokes I am seeing about that gorilla that was killed, after the child got into its enclosure, seem very insensitive. Such as this one:
Or making it all about how black mothers never let their kids forget about when they were disobedient. It just seems extremely disrespectful. Especially since the boy’s mother is a black woman.
Baby goat can’t get any traction.
Cow found a toy.
Good for you, James!
Why pay so much for a color?
Especially when what is likely a nearly identical color is available so cheaply.
Also on the topic of bad decisions, how were these people allowed to build here? Assuming this is at the ocean, or, at least, in a bay connected to an ocean, their flood insurance must be very expensive. And frequently claimed.
I think so many people believe conspiracy theories about man not actually walking on the moon, and others, simply because they can’t conceive of it actually happening. So how does one wrap their head around the Universe expanding? If it is the Universe, doesn’t it contain everything? So, then, as the article asks, what is it expanding into?
King Tut’s dagger was made from a meteorite. It would be very interesting to know the story behind how the Egyptians learned that this rock could be made into metal, and if they knew that it fell from the sky.
In honor of New Horizon’s discoveries, the USPS has released new stamps celebrating Pluto.
And the mission team has received a new high resolution photo of Pluto’s surface.
Just hours after it was deployed, Phillip Smith, an amateur astrophotographer on the ground in Manorville New York, photographed the BEAM module attached to the International Space Station. BEAM is an experimental, inflated module that was attached to ISS last week, for testing.
A man took his old duck to the Veterinarian, concerned because the duck wouldn’t eat. The Vet explained to the man that as ducks age their upper bills grow down over their lower bills, and make it difficult for the animal to pick up it’s food. “What you need to do is gently file the upper bill down, even with the lower bill. But you must be extra careful because the duck’s nostrils are located in the upper bill and if you file down too far, when the duck takes a drink of water it’ll drown.” The man goes about his business and about a week later the Vet runs into his patient. “Well, how is that duck of yours?” the Vet inquires. “He’s dead.” declared the heartbroken man. “I told you not to file his upper bill down too far! He took a drink of water and drowned didn’t he?” insisted the Vet. “No.” lamented the man. “I think he was dead before I took him out of the vise.”
Thanks for visiting. Anything you do, or do not like? Something you would like to see? I do not claim to own the photos posted here. If you see your property here, and want it removed, or if you just have something to say, contact me via the comments section. If you liked what you found, here, please tell your friends. You might also want to check out my Tumblr page, http://rodzilla-world.tumblr.com/ I post similar content, there, but with less ranting.